Mentoring is a powerful personal and career development tool which enables the mentee to achieve or exceed their life's goals and aspirations.
A mentor is a trusted counsellor or guide. Depending upon the mentee's needs amentor shares knowledge and life experiences.
We – Oakbrook Business School follows Peer Mentoring system in which each student has been allotted with a Mentor who support them and guide them at critical points in their life. Peer mentoring is a mutual way of learning which allows both the participants to develop transferable skills. It helps the students to develop transmissible skills during their time at college and beyond.
Purpose of Mentor – Mentee Program:-
- » Empower the Mentee
- » Skill Development
- » Goal Setting & Career Planning
- » Problem Solving
- » Networking
Benefits to the Students being a Mentee:-
- » Gain practical advice, encouragement and support from the Mentor
- » Improve communication and personal skills
- » Realise and develop potential
- » Increased social and academic confidence
- » Gain valuable insight into the next stage of their career
- » A confidential, trusting and equal relationship
- » Engage in a volunteering opportunity, valued by employers
- » Life/Work Balance